Any questions, please contact Angela Cortez at email@example.com
Budget, Timing, and Ordering Process Considerations:
- The fiscal year is July 1 to June 30. Please have all orders submitted by early May. Once a department's allotted budget has been spent, any additional purchases will be deferred to the next fiscal year.
- Please give us as much time as possible to order, receive and catalog items needed for classes. We can RUSH items when necessary but that incurs an extra charge.
- Please indicate on the order if you want special handling such as putting an item on Reserve or placing it on the Hold shelf.
- Please do not purchase books or other material and give them to us for reimbursement since we can purchase them less expensively through our vendors and keep better control of our expenditures.
- All orders should be approved by your department chair before being submitted.
- Quarterly budget reports are sent to department chairs.
- We will let you know when items have been cataloged and are on the New Books Shelf. You can also track the status of an order in the Reeves Library Catalog by doing a title search.
- CHOICE Online is available to faculty for collection development. Please see the Choice box in this guide for more information on using this resource.
- Professional journals are good sources of additional reviews of new books and other items specific to your field.
Choice Ordering Help
To select titles through Choice Online:
Log into Choice Online
Click on REGISTER here to create your profile at the right of your screen.
Fill in the required fields.
If you select any Subject Areas, you will receive a monthly update e-mail containing reviews that match your Profile.
If you do not select any Subject Area(s), you will only receive a notification when the new monthly issue is available.
When you have an account, you can search titles and create lists. Lists can be merged, downloaded, printed or emailed.
You can also do quick searching by using the Quick Search options or you can explore titles in the the Forthcoming Titles, Recent Issues, and Outstanding Academic Titles lists.
Email selected titles to Angela Cortez at firstname.lastname@example.org